Back home we used to call this ‘Mash Melon’, a summer special we kids loved. I remember how dad used to mix a big vessel of this fruit for the entire family, especially when we had our family gatherings, it was more fun. Every bowl we had was savoured and relished, memories of which still cause my taste buds to slurp with a longing for the fruit.
- 1 whole Musk melon
- Sugar to taste
- De-skin the musk melon. Cut into half and remove the seeds from the centre of the fruit.
- Into a wide bowl, cut the melon into small pieces.
- With a knife/fork stir continuously to break-up the melon pieces. You will notice that the fruit will turn juicy.
- Ensure that the pieces are almost mashed well. Add sugar to the mashed melon and mix well.
- Refrigerate to preferred temperature.
- Serve for dessert.
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
Click on this link to get to know more about ‘Musk Melon’