‘Biscuit au chocolat noir’ in French, means biscuits in dark chocolate. This is a tempting flavoured mix of both dark chocolate and crushed biscuits. The chocolate melts to hit the tongue which brings about, a smooth and quick, explosion of a chocolaty flavour. The biscuits add to it a unique crunchy texture. The delicious and crunchy dessert makes your heart sing and your knees go weak! You may wonder there is nothing nutritionally redemptive in this sweet something. Well, that’s where the health part comes in –
- Dark chocolate is good for your skin.
- The multigrain biscuits have 5 nutritive grains.
- Walnut is rich in omega-3 fatty acids which maintain cardiovascular health.
- Almonds are a rich source of Vitamin E.
With the above points, I guess, its right to claim this dessert is at least remotely good for you, except for those watching your waste line. Enjoy and Bon appétit!
- Dark chocolate – 400 gm
- Chopped walnuts and almonds – ¼ cup
- Fresh cream(low fat)- 200 ml
- Multigrain biscuits ( you can use – Britannia NutriChoice 5 Grain)- 300gm
- Ghee or butter for greasing the bowl
- Heat the cream in a skillet/pan. Remove it from the fire when it comes to a boil.
- Add dark chocolate pieces and stir as they melt into the cream.
- Add crushed biscuits, walnuts and almonds to this mix, coating them well.
- Now pour it in a lightly greased bowl and let it set in the refrigerator.
- Slice and enjoy!
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes