This famous Punjabi sweet dish, bhuna halwa, was one of the dishes I had prepared for the festive season; it just seemed to have found its way on ‘slurrpy’ only today! For this lost and found halwa, I have just one word to describe it – “Scrumptious”. The blend of the all purpose flour with the other ingredients gives it a lovely flavour and aroma. I have been quite lavish with all those almonds and dry fruit garnishing for the halwa, reduce the quantity to suit your taste. As for the indulging part- Just ENJOY it!!
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup maida(All purpose flour/plain flour)
- 1 cup ground sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds(coarsely pounded)
- 250 gm ghee
- Handful of finely sliced almonds, pistachios (optional), fried cashew nuts and raisins.
- Blend together sugar, flour, cardamoms and milk to form a batter.
- Beat well to make the mixture smooth.
- Now heat ghee and put in the mixture.
- Stir continuously till the halwa turns cream coloured and separates into grains.
- Drain out ghee completely and serve immediately garnished with nuts.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes