Another festive favorite, for a long time, I didn’t like this until my sister recreated it with coconut flakes. This is her recipe and it has never failed us. Enjoy.
Besan ki Barfi
- 1 cup besan (chickpea flour or gram flour)
- 1 cup ground sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup ghee
- 1/4 Cup Sliced almonds
- 1 Tsp Crushed Cardamon
- Roast besan in Ghee till fragrant. Be careful not to burn it- stir continuously
- Dunk in whole milk, sugar and cardamom. Stir it for a bit and add almonds.
- When the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan, it is ready to poured.
- Pour in the mixture to a greased plate or parchment paper and let it cool
- Cut into squares and serve with desiccated coconut or pistachios.