How can you go wrong with a combination of orange, chocolate and coffee? The deliciousness of velvety smooth coffee along with the fragrant aromas of the orange zest and the hint of dark chocolate makes for a decadent treat.
Aside from its yumminess, this drink comes with health benefits as it is packed with a number of nutrients like beatcarotene, calicium, folic acid, thiamin and vitamin B6, peptic acid. This helps in keeping your blood pressure under control, protects the cardiovascular system, prevents stomach ulcers amongst various other boosters.
Find this recipe to be too much of a hassle? No problem. You can create a simpler version that tastes just as good. For this, blend together 1 cup of steamed milk, expresso and 2 tablespoons of orange syrup. Finally, pour the delicious concoction into tall glass and enjoy.
- 1/2 cup dark/semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 light brown sugar
- 2 table spoon cocoa powder
- 1½ tablespoon orange zest
- 2 cups coffee or espresso (heated)
- 1/2 cream
- 1/2 whipping cream
- 1 table spoon orange juice or orange liqueur
- Throw into a blender chocolate chips, brown sugar and cocoa powder. Grate an orange using a vegetable peeler or grater. This goes into the blender. Blend until the ingredients turns into a smooth mixture.
- Add in the hot coffee and continue blending for the chocolate to dissolve. Pour in the cream and carry on blending till the mixture becomes frothy.
- For the garnish, pour into a small bowl the whipped cream and orange juice or liqueur. With the help of an electric mixer, beat till they turn stiff. Check by tilting the bowl. The stiff whipped cream should not slide out.
- Pour the concoction into a mug. Add a spoonful of the whipped cream and orange zest. Top it off with some orange zest.