Healthy? – Check.
Interesting? – Check.
Soothing? – Check.
But what in the name of God is a Matcha Latte! It could a latte or a drink spiked with Ice (not alcohol, mind you – Matcha Latte is a drink designed to rejuvenate the mind, not something which makes you go bonkers). But since we are abiding by the ‘Latte’ theme on Slurrpy this month, we’ll explore the frothy side to this drink.
Made from tea leave that are grounded to finesse, this one’s a sure winner. For those who aren’t equipped with latte gadgets, I’ll give you a bounty of two recipes. So give it up for the Japanese concoction of Matcha Latte!
- ¼th teaspoon Matcha powder
- A packet or two of sweetener or Honey (You can also opt for any preferred flavors or syrups to adjust the taste)
- Pull out your coffee mug and add the Matcha powder to it. Moisten the powder with a few teaspoons of water.
- Blend it well in a latte whisk machine so as to remove any possible lumps from the mixture.
- Now add in the sweetener or honey to the same.
- Meanwhile heat milk on your stove and consequently stir it. When it starts simmering, whisk the milk briskly until it becomes lathers up.
- Pour the milk into your mug which holds the tea mixture. Be sure to whisk the drink while pouting in the milk. The Matcha Latte has now reached a yummy shade of jade.
This one incorporates the use of a microwave and easy to dish out.
- This time throw in the Matcha powder in your mug.
- Add your preferred choice of sweetener to the mug.
- Add boiled milk to fill up the mug.
- Dust the brim with a little Matcha.
- Heat the mix in your microwave for around 2 minutes. Watch out for any signs of foaming for you’ll have to bring it to an impromptu stop.
Serves: Just the one
Preparation Time: 2 minutes