You know what? Now that Fall is lurking around the corner, our hearts want to do a little jig and sip coffee and cinnamon rolls, while we watch Julia Child and drool at her copper pot wall, her new England accent with heavy breathing and get marveled at real cooking! Come on, when did boning a duck become a luscious affair. Throw it like a shot-put, whatever you don’t need, that, my dear friend is real cooking. You are a cook, not an actress!
Having mugs of this in one of the crème de la crème café, on a pre-autumn evening, we decided that this should be recreated in our Slurrpy kitchen. Best part is, we got so carried away in tasting that we hardly did remember to shoot it. A non-caffeinated girl saves the day!
Here’s what we used.
- One vanilla pod
- A cup of milk
- A cup of water
- Half a cup of cream
- 2 tbsp of instant coffee powder
- 5 teaspoon of sugar
- Split the vanilla bean and scrape the pods
- In a bowl, mix milk, water, vanilla pods and set to boil.
- In a cup beat coffee powder and sugar until creamy, light and frothy
- Spoon coffee mixture into cups, top it with boiled milk and sugar. Stir in the cream.
- Serve with choco chip, whipped cream, cakes or stand alone!
**Note: This recipe is tried and tested and you’ll see the delight when you create café like coffee at home without a cappuccino machine!