Eating can be colourful and serving the food with a bit of an art, is not very difficult if a little imagination is put into use. Here is one such pickle which being basically raw, retains the goodness of the ingredients and looks colourful when placed on the dinning table. Different shapes of bottle too could enhance the outlook of ‘Pickle-Art’!
- ½ cup cleaned garlic pods
- ½ cup carrot cut into small strips
- ½ cup raddish cut into small strips
- ½ cup shelled peas lightly steamed
- 1 green chilli slit
- ½ cup vinegar
- salt to taste
- Tip in the garlic, carrot, raddish, shelled peas and the slit green chilli into the jar taking care to have a colour combination.
- Add salt to taste in the vinegar and dissolve it.
- Pour the mix into the jar.
- Keep it in the sun for 2 hours.
- Put aside for 2 days and it is ready for use as a pickle or in salads.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Makes: about 1 jam bottle measure