The summer fruits party is on, its Papaya Jam time! My mother-in-law told me how she used to enjoy Papaya Jam in her childhood. So we went on to create this recipe just following her nostalgic sense of taste. Bravo! There it was the best, or may be the first, ‘Papaya Jam’ I’ve ever tasted too good for home-made jam!
- ½ papaya medium size –cut into pieces.
- ½ cup jaggery
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1-2 cloves
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- In a mixer/blender, make a pulp of the papaya and keep aside.
- Heat the jaggery in a thick bottomed pan.
- Then add the papaya pulp to the jaggery and stir.
- As the jaggery melts, add the grated nutmeg.
- The mix will start spluttering. Add the cinnamon stick and clove.
- Continue stirring till the mixture thickens to a desired consistency.
- Allow to cool and bottle for use.
- Serve with bread for breakfast or tea, or can serve as an accompaniment with rotis or just enjoy it straight from the spoon!
Preparation Time: 45 minutes