Chutney with a fruit, is a lovely recipe to come up with, as it is tasty and speedy too. The good thing about fruit chutney is you can slurp it up as a self dish or even serve it with toasted crispy bread. The lemon juice adds that tangy touché, while the garlic, green chilli and ginger give the chutney just the right spicy punch. If you feel the spice for the chutney is too much then alter as per taste. Onion lovers don’t forget to add the crunchy onions, well those who don’t prefer them you may be loosing something crunchy and spicy in the chutney!
- Ripe Bananas 3
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder ¼ tsp
- Garlic 1 clove
- Asafoetida –a pinch
- Ginger (grated) – 1 tsp
- Onion 1 small
- Green chilli 1 (slit & de-seeded)
- Finely chopped coriander leaves – a handful
- Salt just a pinch (add if required)
- Finely chop the bananas and keep aside.
- Crush the garlic. Chop the ginger, green chilli and onion.
- Mix all ingredients together and garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Your banana chutney is ready to serve.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes