On a sultry Sunday, we wanted to pour some colors to our already laze-attacked weekend. After narrowing, zeroing, negotiating and convenience compromising on a lot of “let’s do this” and “let’s do that”s, we finally succumbed to this damn-good-looking cake that actually got us out of our trip. A trip for a trip maybe, it was time we took the laze by its blazer. And what better way than a colorful cake!
We were bent on making this cake from some time now; the only thing that stopped us was my co-baker wanted a green cake coupled with green cookies and I wanted a psychedelic cake. We finally pulled our thoughts together and zeroed on a yummy colorful cake. Make it. It’s super fun.
- 1 packet Betty Crocker’s white cake mix (you can take white cake mix from any company you like)
- You can also prepare your own cake batter from scratch. Make sure it’s white.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 & 1/5th cup water
- ¾ cup butter or vegetable oil
- Food colors: of your choice. We used, sky blue, tomato red, orange and emerald green.
- A 3” baking pan
- Mix white cake mix with 3 egg whites, water and oil or butter. Divide the batter into four equal proportions or into equal proportions equal to the number of colors you have used.
- Act from the base. Pour the color you’d like to see in the base of the cake first. Start pouring the other colors from the centre of the color you’ve first poured in order to have concentric circles.
- Finish with the color you’d like to see inside the cake.
- Bake at 180 degree for 18-20 minutes.
A short conclusion
Well, takes by quite a surprise, doesn’t it! Tripping or no, now we finally know what lies at the end of a rainbow!
Serves: Once again, like the wise one says, depends!®