With lovely swirls of light- and dark-flavored dough, these Pinwheel cookies are probably the best thing that has happened to mankind after Choco-chip cookies. Swirls of vanilla and chocolate gives this cookie it’s distinctive flavor while its brilliant look makes it a perfect gift for your loved ones.
And although the Pinwheel cookie recipe needs you to chill the dough for a while, believe us, the final product will be well worth the wait.
So, here’s to you a Christmas Special which you can bake for Diwali as well!
Standing time: 8 h
Time taken: 50 min
- All-purpose flour: 4 cups
- Baking powder: 1 tsp
- Baking soda: 1/4 tsp
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Butter: 1.25 cups
- Brown sugar: 1 cup
- White sugar: 2/3 cup
- Eggs, beaten: 2
- Vanilla extract: 1.5 tsp
- Melted choco chips: 1/2 cup
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together into a bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together along with brown and white sugars. Divide into two portions. To one portion, add the melted choco chips and give it a blitz. To another, don’t add anything and simply keep it vanilla.
- Now, roll them to about 1/5th of an inch thick. Place the vanilla sheet over chocolate and roll it up to a log. Refrigerate for atleast 8 h. We do it overnight.
- Now, after it has been chilled well, cut in slices and bake at a pre-heated oven at 200C for almost 10 min in a slightly greased baking sheet. Do not let the sides brown.