Hello and welcome to yet another episode of culinary talking. Today, we have the cutest looking Mini Blueberry Cheesecake Bars for you. They are easy, fun and are great after-work treat. Give Motichur Laddoos a run for their existence this Diwali with these insanely yummy Blueberry Cheesecake Bars. Even after days: these bite-sized yummy desserts will continue to be a crowd-pleaser.
This recipe is lifted from a kitchen of a five-star hotel we stayed in recently. We saw them at the dessert buffet and immediately wanted to recreate. The fun part is, you’ll only need 30 min to make them and an hour to freeze! Please note that a cheesecake has two distinct parts: the base and the topping. The base is generally made of digestive biscuits and the topping with cream cheese, and once these are assembled, these are then baked. But, there are also no-bake varieties and without-base varieties, such as the Philadelphia Cheesecake.
Mini Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
Time taken: 1 h
Ingredients for the base:
- Digestive biscuits: 100 g
- Unsalted butter, melted: 35 g
Ingredients for the topping:
- Cream cheese: 400 g
- Sour cream: 250 g
- Large eggs: 2
- Caster sugar: 125 g
- Cornflour: 1 tsp
- Vanilla extract: 1 tsp
- Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
- Blueberry jam: 1 tbsp
- Fresh blueberries
- Purple food color
- A dollop of whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix butter and digestive biscuit crumbs in a 9×13-inch detachable cake tin/pan.
- Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan, creating an even layer. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium high until creamy.
- Add sour cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice and beat until creamy and well-blended.
- In another bowl, whip the cream with a hand-blender until it forms stiff peaks. Add a drop of food coloring and blueberry jam. Put in pipes and let it sit.
- Bake your cheesecake for 30 min, until set and slightly puffed.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before covering with plastic wrap and placing in the refrigerator to chill completely.
- Cut into desired size and shape the bars. Pipe whipped cream and add fresh blueberries.
- Additional: you can also dust them with icing sugar before serving. This recipe makes one 9×13-inch pan of Blueberry Cheesecake Bars.