What we are cooking today: Crab Cakes
How to make crab cakes? Well let’s just Jamie Oliver it! One of the cooks we ardently admire after Julia Child, Jamie Oliver recipes are easy, casual and talks about easy festive food recipes that are quite hard to come by. And since Christmas is just around the corner, we thought doing the Crab Cake we do every time would be a good idea.
A rich, creamy, luscious platter that might indeed get you addicted to it, Crab Cake is a savory patty made out of crabs, mashed potatoes, onions and herbs and is a meal in itself. Take a bite and you’ll know what we mean.
Taken from Jamie Oliver’s cookbook, these crab cake recipes are tried and tested and would be a happy addition to your Christmas Table!
- 750g cooked crabmeat
- 300g mashed potatoes
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp each ground white pepper and cayenne
- 1 beaten egg
- flour, for dusting
- olive oil, for frying
- In a bowl, combine every ingredient with a pinch of salt and refrigerate.
- About after 40 minutes, take them out and shape them into 6 cm patty.
- Dust flour and shallow fry in olive oil over medium heat.
- The moment it is golden brown, strain from the oil. Crab cakes tend to burn easy.
NOTE – Watercress and Tartare sauce to serve