Feeling Blue? There is nothing like an easy dump-and-go almond cake can’t sort.
put one of these in the oven and read a good book. It will help.
- Butter: 100 grams, cut into cubes and left to come at room temperature
- Caster Sugar: 150 grams
- Eggs: 3 large
- Ground almonds: about 80 grams
- Self raising flour: 40 grams
- Milk: 1tbsp
- Pure vanilla extract: 1 tsp
- Flaked almonds for sprinkling
- Icing Sugar for dusting
- Take two bowls.
- In one, cream the butter and the sugar. Add in the eggs, vanilla extract.
- In another mix ground almonds and flour.
- Now mix all the dry ingredients to the wet one.
- Pour in a 8” cake tin, sprinkle flaked almonds and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
NOTE: Please cover the cake with a foil after 15 minutes of baking to avoid burning.