Smoky Tomato Pizza
There’s something definitely different about this Friday as I share the recipe. The sun was really smiling, there were flowers everywhere, the sleep seemed complete and it made us want to go out with a straw hat and stroll the street in a summery dress, occasionally stopping by for a glass of lemonade or some coffee by the bistro.
We feel Tuscany and so will our cuisine! Here’s some homemade smokey tomato pizza for you to bask under the Mediterranean Sun. After all, you travel, when the mind travels!
- Tomatoes: 2 large, sliced
- Smoked, dried tomatoes: 4-5
- Pizza dough: ½ pound
- Mushrooms: ½ pound
- Onions: 1, cut in rounds
- Red bell pepper: 1 thinly sliced
- Mozarella: 4 ounce
- Basil: 1/3rd cup
- Olive oil: 2tbsp
- In a bowl, soak dried tomatoes in enough olive oil for atleast half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet and let it smoke. Stir in the onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and cook till moist. Keep separate.
- Roll out pizza dough to an inch thickness. Brush top with 1tbsp of olive oil and pour the onion mushroom mixture on top and bake for a minute. Remove from the oven, place tomato slices, sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella over the pizza and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with fresh basil and seasoned olive oil.