Smoky Tomato Pizza
There’s something definitely different about this Friday as I share the recipe. The sun was really smiling, there were flowers everywhere, the sleep seemed complete and it made us want to go out with a straw hat and stroll the street in a summery dress, occasionally stopping by for a glass of lemonade or some coffee by the bistro.
We feel Tuscany and so will our cuisine! Here’s some homemade Smokey Tomato Pizza for you to make you feel as if you are in Italy. After all, you travel, when the mind travels!
Smokey Tomato Pizza
- Tomatoes (sliced): 2 large
- Smoked, sundried tomatoes: 4-5
- Pizza dough: ½ pound
- Mushrooms: ½ pound
- Onions (cut in rounds): 1
- Red bell pepper (thinly sliced): 1
- Mozarella: 4 ounce
- Italian basil: 1/3rd cup
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- In a bowl, soak dried tomatoes in enough olive oil for atleast half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 250C.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet and let it smoke. Stir-in the onions, bell peppers and mushrooms and cook till moist. Keep separate.
- Roll-out the pizza dough to one-inch thickness. Brush top with 1 tbsp of olive oil and pour the onion-mushroom mixture on top and bake for 1 min. Remove from the oven, and place tomato slices, sun-dried tomatoes and Mozzarella over the pizza and bake for another 10 min.
- Serve with fresh basil leaves and seasoned olive oil.